Hello from Poppy!

It's a beautifully hot summer here in Texas. I love basking in the 2 pm sun for a good 15-20 minutes, getting all hot, and then cooling off on the tiles inside the house. Toula has been coming over to play a lot, and the humans have been taking me swimming (as you can see from my pretty pictures below).

Talking of humans, they were eating some yummy food the other day. I just sat there and stared and stared hard. I had a feeeling if I stared long enough, I could psych the humans into some sort of guilty share-your-food-with-the-malnourished-pet feelings. (Not that I'm malnourished exactly... I am quite chunky and cuddly). The humans were making jokes like, "she thinks the food will walk off the plate and towards her automatically if she stares long and hard enough..." Well, what's so funny about that? Maybe it will!

I also wagged my tail prettily for good measure, and it WORKED! At first mom made a big fuss about me having bad manners and staring at people when they are eating. Then she caved in and gave me some treats. It was yummy. But I STILL WANT WHAT THE HUMANS KEEP EATING!

The other day when Toula came over, she was totally in a lazy mood and I was full of adrenaline. Daddy was upstairs sitting in a corner of the room in front of some books, looking really busy. Mommy left to go buy some human food (slurrrp... yumm). So I bounded up the stairs very happily and tried getting Daddy to come play with me. I sat in my cutest poses and stared hard at him, then I started breathing heavily near him, then I started giving the politest little whispering woofs... he just scratched me and shooed me away. Now that made me mad! So I down the stairs I went, rebelliously... and saw the toilet paper roll in the lower restroom. I tried controlling myself, but it was too tantalizing....

I took it out, and started playing with it, quickly tearing it apart, shredding it into bits and making pretty torn white paper patterns all over the carpet... oh it was such fun! Then I ran and hid in my crate...

Of course, I am not going to talk about what happened when the humans came and saw the mess.... let's just end this blog post here. More of my adventures later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poppy the Protector

Woof